The forensics workforce is our most valuable asset. FCN’s workforce strategy will set out the vision for professionalisation through a compelling career pathway, effective recruitment, education, training, development, retention and planning for a national police forensic workforce.
What we cover
FCN is working with the forensics community, academic institutions and wider industry to create a workforce recruitment strategy and plan.
This will support members in recruiting the numbers and calibre of workforce they need to meet the forensic science needs of today and tomorrow.
We are creating a workforce strategy and plan to encourage talented staff to remain in the police forensics environment. This will keep organisational knowledge, maintain high staff morale and ultimately serve the public as effectively as possible.
Our strategy includes the creation of tailored professional development and career pathway opportunities, recognition and reward strategies, and celebration of individual and team successes.
The themes of the strategy will include;
- Workforce and Retention
- Education and Training
- Learning Culture
- Competence Framework
- Workforce Planning
- All supported with an evaluation plan
How to get involved
We are looking interested people and organisations to support the workforce strategy development. Ways to get involved include:
- Being part of our new National Workforce Development Forum
- Work with us, the forensic community and College of Policing to ensure there are fit-for-purpose professional profiles across the forensic disciplines
- Contribute towards our creation of content for emerging capabilities
- Help us identify priority areas for CPD and input to online learning opportunities in support of these
To get involved, please contact us.