What is FCN Xchange?
FCN Xchange is a new national digital platform for forensics. Hosted in the cloud, it connects FCN members to each other safely and securely, enabling them to share services, data and information and giving them easy access to new digital forensics tools developed through Transforming Forensics (TF).
What difference will it make?
FCN Xchange will support forensics teams to increase productivity and speed up turnaround times, enabling them to deliver faster and higher quality analysis and improved operational outcomes. The platform will also provide nationally consistent, standardised processes and enable forces to work better together, enhancing resilience, efficiency and effectiveness.
How will it work?
- Browser access: Forces connect to FCN Xchange through a web browser. No need for capital expenditure or on-site installation
- Interoperability: forces can interact with each other, exchanging services and data through the platform. FCN Xchange also has the potential to integrate with existing force systems (e.g. Niche)
- Information assurance: FCN Xchange has been designed in accordance with National Cyber Security Centre Cloud Security Principles and is aligned to, and supports, the National Policing Digital and Data Strategy. We are working closely with NPIRMT on assurance
- Once for many: the platform is managed and maintained centrally though FCN, meaning development and upkeep is done once, with all members benefiting
- Governance: to access FCN Xchange forces must sign the FCN Section 22a agreement.